Child Guidance Center relies on partnerships with our community to provide services to children and families. Community volunteer support ensures that our services continue to be available for children and families in Northeast Florida, regardless of their income level. Aside from financial contributions, there are many ways you can become involved and make a difference in the lives of the children we serve.
Donations of items necessary for our operations are always appreciated. Some items we always need:
- Washable toys for our waiting rooms
- Assorted board games & therapeutic games
- Books, craft kits, coupons, gift certificates.
- Toys such as family figurines (adult male, adult female, boy girl, baby), animals (wild and domestic), house toys, trinkets for our reward boxes
- Parenting magazines
- TVs and DVD players to play educational programming
- “G” rated DVDs
- CD players
- Children’s musical CDs
- Art supplies for art therapy
- Outdoor playground equipment
- Picnic tables and/or shelter
- Computer hardware (i3 or newer) and speakers
- Child-size chairs & tables
- School supplies
- Infant and child car seats
Please let us know if you have something on the list to donate or are able to purchase an item. Contact us to coordinate a time to drop it off at one of our four conveniently located sites in the Jacksonville area.
Back-to-School Supply Drive
Child Guidance Center sponsors an Annual William G. Lockwood Memorial Back-to-School Supply Drive in which we provide approximately 500 children with a bag filled with the necessary items for going back to school. Learn more about the supply drive here.
Holiday Gift Drive
Each holiday season, CGC works with the community to collect and distribute toys, clothing, gift certificates, and other items for the children and families we serve. Learn more about the gift drive here.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Designate CGC for your United Way Contribution.
- Adopt a lobby/waiting room at one of our outpatient centers and help make these areas a comfortable and educational environment for our young clients.
- Provide minor upkeep, such as painting and landscaping, at one of our four locations.
- Wrap holiday gifts during our Holiday Gift Drive.
- Volunteer to manage one of our annual giving campaigns. You can choose to help with projects like our School Supply Drive and our Holiday Gift Drive.
- Lend your clerical skills to our mission. Help us by volunteering to make copies, correlate, file, input data, and/or answer the phone.
- Serve on our fundraising committee.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and spread the word about our work online!
If you would like to learn more about ways you can help make a difference in the life of a child, contact us.