How To Increase Your Child\’s Self-Esteem:
- Show unconditional love.
- Express your anger responsibly.
- Make clear requests.
- Learn to listen.
- Take your child’s feelings seriously.
- Validate your child’s existence. Reinforce and celebrate your child’s presence in the home.
- Find an activity in which your child is competent or enjoys and support them in it.
- Spend time alone with your child.
- Allow your child to do things for themselves.
- Respect your child’s possessions.
- Respect your child’s opinion.
- Acknowledge your child’s abilities.
- “Catch” them doing something good and praise them for it.
- Express love non-verbally with hugs, kissing and touching.
- Speak to your child at eye level.